Nexus of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard

Go down 
+5
Kaibhan
Coeg
Willywankah
masq
Mauri
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mauri
Newb
Newb
Mauri

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:26 am

In-game Name: Mauri

What would you prefer to be called in game and on vent?(we typically address people by their mains, not because we RP, but because we're all suspicous of gov't conspiracy and the fact that Big Brother bugs even Vent to get his information. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!) Just Mauri is fine I'm sure.

Class: Bright Wizard

Level: 16

Real life Birthdate (Age limit? Hmmm, maybe you just have to figure out how old!): 10-29-81

Previous Guild(s) and reason(s) for leaving? None

Please list and detail previous MMO experience.
EQ,EQ2,GW,SWG,COH/V,WoW

As for Details, in most of these games I've ended up in "raiding" guilds, and while I'm not sure how much of that content will be in this game (pve wise) it does show that I know how to listen and follow directions instead of running off and getting myself killed like some brain dead goober.

As one final note, I'd like to say that SWG was epic cool until they went and ruined it. Damn you Sony... Damn you to hell!

How did you hear about Nexus of War?
If recruited, by whom?

Masquirin, my RL friend.

Why do you want to be a part of NoW?

I would like to play with people that don't some how either make me want to hurt myself or question the overal value of humanity (I'm looking at you WoW general chat! *shakes fist*) Beyond that I'd like to be part of a team that can play together and achieve goals. After listening to Masq and reading your forums, I'm hopeful that NoW fits the bill. Very Happy

What interests you most about the game?

For one, it's not WoW (.... Yet *crosses fingers*). Also it's fun to play, and doesn't make me feel like I'm doing chores, or menial labor for anti wages. From what I've played so far my favorite areas have been RVR related.

Was George Lucas higher than a kite when he created Jar-Jar Binks as a character? Defend your answer!

Don't you know? He wasn't high, he just hates black people. I heard he once snuck onto the set of the Jeffersons to try and keep them from movin' on up. And also, he was totally behind the whole thing with FEMA and Katrina. Learn about these things and more at your local library.

And finally, what makes you stand out from other candidates to make us want to go, "Oh! I like him/her let's accept their app"

Nothing, nothing at all. I'm so non conformist, that I'm non conforming from the non conformists and am going back to conforming. So nothing special here, and if anyone tells you any different, they're a dirty dirty liar, and I'll deny it up and down.
Back to top Go down
masq
Newb
Newb
masq

Male Number of posts : 9
Job/hobbies : Industrial Management / IT Student
Humor : Dirty
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:35 am

Willy, this was the RL bud I was speaking of that played a few scenarios with us the night I joined. While he claims to be a non conformist that conforms by not conforming by conforming, he did join the scenarios just like the rest of us which brands him as a conformist, there for I think he would conform to the ways of NoW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/h3ratic
Willywankah
Troll
Troll
Willywankah

Male Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : Underwater basket weaver. I also do that as a hobby.
Humor : "Here... Intolerance will not be tolerated." - The Death Camp of Tolerance.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:54 am

Well Mauri, in light of the fact that your post made me giggle (teehee), I played with you the other night, and as you are a real life friend of a member, I shall find you in game. My intentions are not to be discussed here, needless to say you better be wearing a flak jacket. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Coeg
Forum Surfer
Forum Surfer
Coeg

Male Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Mauri wrote:

Was George Lucas higher than a kite when he created Jar-Jar Binks as a character? Defend your answer!

Don't you know? He wasn't high, he just hates black people. I heard he once snuck onto the set of the Jeffersons to try and keep them from movin' on up. And also, he was totally behind the whole thing with FEMA and Katrina. Learn about these things and more at your local library.

Just my 2 cents, and mine alone. Now while I do find the above humorous, it's not exactly the thing I like to read when we are looking at apps of people and I don't know them or their views on the world.

Wow... jus wow.... drunken
Back to top Go down
Kaibhan
Forum Surfer
Forum Surfer
Kaibhan

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Coeg wrote:
Mauri wrote:

Just my 2 cents, and mine alone. Now while I do find the above humorous, it's not exactly the thing I like to read when we are looking at apps of people and I don't know them or their views on the world.

Wow... jus wow.... drunken

Not just your 2 cents, mine too.
Back to top Go down
Willywankah
Troll
Troll
Willywankah

Male Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : Underwater basket weaver. I also do that as a hobby.
Humor : "Here... Intolerance will not be tolerated." - The Death Camp of Tolerance.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 7:17 pm

This thread needs be be locked before I feel compelled to respond, and drama is created. Wink
Back to top Go down
ashx71
Forum Surfer
Forum Surfer
ashx71

Male Number of posts : 75
Job/hobbies : making fun of collosia and anyone i see
Humor : tons lol at self constantly. heavy sarcasm
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:50 pm

i agree!!!!!!alas i have no idea nor i beleive the ability to do so scratch Sad
Back to top Go down
Mauri
Newb
Newb
Mauri

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:39 am

In my own defense I'd like to point out that in this remark I never once said anything against any race (which by the response I can only assume is the direction it's been taken) and in fact have only used opinions already stated about the jar jar character (that it in it's self was made as a negative sterotype by Lucas) so it's not even that creative. If anything I'm more worried about Lucas cronies showing up at my door for slandering him (which is the only thing I did as far as I can tell).

I'm sorry if I offended anyone (other than Lucas obviously). I just dislike the overtones that I could be a biggot (mind you, from my own reading of responses) based on this joke. I did in fact read the forums rules and I didn't feel that this fell into the realm of denigrating race, since, as i said, it at no times speaks negatively of one. (though thinking about it now star wars could be a religion to some people and in that case I could see it falling there.)

Anyway, I know I'm being overly defensive, but, better to crush such thoughts now than have it hanging over my head before I even join.
Back to top Go down
Collosia
Post Whore
Post Whore
Collosia

Male Number of posts : 273
Humor : "That's what she said"
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:06 am

Well to let you know Mauri, I am the easiest person in the guild to offend with racial jokes or those that denigrate other groups of people. Want to make sure you get me? Tell an off color joke about how all Catholic priests are pedophiles. Trust me, it will get me riled! LOL

To that end, no. I don't think anyone was offended, outright. Nor did you break any of our extremely loose taboos! Honestly, I didn't think anything of it, only that maybe you were one of the people who honestly thought GL was a racist. And I think that's Kai and Coeg's point. They found it funny, but until they get to know you, weren't sure if you were serious, or tongue-in-cheek about it. LOL

Don't sweat it, it's not hurting your chances anyway.

Now, let me say to Willy, and anyone else. There's a "friends and family clause." If the applicant is a real life friend, or family, they have an auto in. They could have the world's worst app, they are still in. I mean, why do you think we took Joat and Coeg? Cause we like Kai and Klio! LOL <3 y'all!
Back to top Go down
https://nexusofwar.darkbb.com
Coeg
Forum Surfer
Forum Surfer
Coeg

Male Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Collosia wrote:
I mean, why do you think we took Joat and Coeg? Cause we like Kai and Klio! LOL <3 y'all!

I thought it was cus my killing raised the guild ranking fast for you? afro Sad lol!
Back to top Go down
Joatmon
Troll
Troll
Joatmon

Male Number of posts : 26
Humor : yes i do
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:35 pm

I got in cus I can fart really loud and make it really stink.
Back to top Go down
Robusto
Troll
Troll
Robusto

Male Number of posts : 43
Humor : Why so serious?
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:45 am

onetime i singed the hair on my kahoonies lighting a fart....

the secret is to pull the pants tight!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard   Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mauri - 16 Bright Wizard
Page 1 of 1